Friday, April 11, 2008

So That's Why My Dissertation Isn't Finished Yet

As reported in yesterday's Chronicle of Higher Education, an informal study in Nature magazine indicates that up to 20% of academics have taken pharmaceuticals (specifically Ritalin, Provigil, or beta blockers) to increase their brain power--memory, concentration, and focus. Maybe if I had engaged in such pursuits, my dissertation would be finished!

Instead of the dangerous and addictive path of drug use, I've decided to hire a statistical consultant to help me finish my data analysis. While not dangerous and not addictive, the consultant is certainly as expensive if not more expensive than the misused prescription drugs.

Can you hear the change in my tin cup banging?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and posting a comment! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails