Wednesday, June 23, 2010

That Explains a Lot

In addition to being vegan (no meat, dairy, eggs, or any other animal products including gelatin, whey, honey), I am a very picky eater. I loathe beyond words onion, I despise eggplant (though I admire its purple skin), and I detest cauliflower. Most fruits due to their texture make me sick to my stomach. I don't even like hot drinks like tea and coffee. Being so picky is very inconvenient - and sometimes awkward.

However, I gained some insight into my very narrow food parameters from something my mother recently said. Apparently, when shopping for baby food, she would look at the different varieties - with probably not all that many from which to choose in the early 1970s - but she would always and almost exclusively purchase turkey. Yes, turkey. : P I believe she said that she couldn't imagine anyone liking and wanting to eat the other varieties.

No wonder my palate didn't ever develop!

1 comment:

  1. are you getting enough nutrients in your diet? It's me, melanie the mitten teacher... Check out this product: www.crossroad.vemma.com It's our business and it's the most complete nutritional supplement on the market today, and... totally organic, vegan... right down to the packaging being safe for the environment

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and posting a comment! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails