Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Under the [Parental] Influence

Yesterday was our first day of classes after a week-long Thanksgiving break. Besides looking bored and tired, many of the young men, and some of the women, in my classes had newly shorn heads. I remembered Allen's dad's girlfriend saying once, during a trip home from college, that college-aged students were high maintenance machines.

Sadly, the financial crisis is hitting colleges, too, and some of my students may not be able to return next year because of tuition costs. Our financial aid office, as I understand it, is doing what they can. Unfortunately, the reality is that our student population will likely be smaller next academic year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and posting a comment! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails