Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Postcrossing

I've always loved postcards, and even, in the late 1990s/early 2000s tried to find folks living outside the United States who might be willing to trade postcards. While browsing groups on flickr (my latest obsession), I found a reference to Postcrossing. Curious, I went to their homepage and learned that Postcrossing is a site that facilitates postcard exchanges. Newcomers can send up to five postcards and in return, they receive five (if their assigned partner reciprocates). Each exchange is given a code so that the recipient can log the postcard once it is received. As members gain more experience, they can exchange more postcards at a time. I immediately signed up and requested five addresses. They are going to Florida, Moscow, China, Finland, and Germany!

Postcrossing Site
Postcrossing Blog

2 comments:

  1. This sounds very interesting! You'll have to let us know where you receive postcards from!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and posting a comment! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails