Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Whole Foods, Really?

Although I know that the grammatical rule that no prepositions should end sentences is being relaxed (or, sadly, just plain mocked), I still find the use of "at" at the end of sentences or questions like nails on a chalkboard.

Consequently, when I saw this flyer at Whole Foods last night, my heart sank. I guess we're not even going to feign attention to grammar anymore. Wouldn't it have been just as easy and more elegant for the question to read, "At which store do you shop?" or "Which Whole Foods store do you most frequently visit?" These alternatives solicit the same information without piercing the eardrums of grammarphiles.

Grammar Girl on Ending with Prepositions
Red Pen Inc Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and posting a comment! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails