Saturday, August 18, 2012

Women Swimmin'

What a beautiful day for the swim! When I woke up at 6:00 a.m. to get ready, it was quite chilly outside, but by the time I got to the Yacht Club, the weather had shifted.

IMG_1483

A band was playing for the crowd, including many supportive spectators and women waiting for their pod's wave.

IMG_1480


  women swimmin

I'd been swimming 2,000 meters thrice weekly all summer, but the distance looks much different when it's one long, unbroken stretch of water! I was a little nervous on the boat waiting for our pod to get in the water, but once we had jumped in, it was a great feeling! Here I am after I just climbed on the dock after the swim.

aimee - women swimmin


My friend, Linda, from work, and I were in the same pod. 
women swimmin - linda and aimee

We could see this sign when we walked off the dock.

women swimmin - yay!

George was waiting for me.

 IMG_1496

 The crowd was big!

  women swimmin

Many women received flowers after completing the swim.

  IMG_1507

Not everyone can park at the Yacht Club, so there are shuttles running between there and Cass Park. Here are me and Ryan, my brother-in-law, waiting for the next bus.

  women swimmin - aimee and ryan

I'm already excited about next year. Thanks to everyone who sponsored me. This year, the swim raised over $350,000 for HospiCare of Ithaca. I am so proud to have been part of the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and posting a comment! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails