Monday, July 9, 2012

Lake House


Wouldn't it be nice to have a lake house? I don't have one, but I have a friend who does. Isn't the view from her deck beautiful? She invited a few of the people she knows who are participating in Women Swimmin' for an easy practice swim in Cayuga Lake.

I can't believe that in just 40 days, I'll be swimming the 1.2 miles across Cayuga Lake. Unfortunately, I was late to today's swim because I had to take Walter to the vet for his annual exam, but I did get to swim a little bit. I'm very grateful to have the practice. I can swim over a mile in the pool, but the lake is different - and so much harder! With the currents and lack of visibility, I was worn out even going a short distance. It was also strange to feel the weeds floating around.

If you don't know, Women Swimmin' is a 300-women swim across Cayuga Lake to raise money for HospiCare and Palliative Care Services of Tompkins County. I need sponsors in my fundraising efforts, so please visit my fundraising page or let me know if you are more comfortable with providing a check!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and posting a comment! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails