Thursday, November 24, 2011

45 Million Dead

I know Thanksgiving is supposed to be a time of gratitude, and I appreciate that part of the holiday. I am, in fact, grateful to the Farm Sanctuary and all the people and organizations who do so much to help animals. I can't help, though, but be sad at Thanksgiving. Estimates point to 45 million of these curious, precious birds being killed as the centerpiece for dinners across the country. Learn more about turkeys here and visit the Farm Sanctuary's website to see turkeys celebrating the holiday free and at peace. Listen to an NPR story here about last weekend's Celebration for the Turkeys.

Turkey Friends at the Farm Sanctuary

Celebration for the Turkeys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and posting a comment! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails