Monday, July 25, 2011

Quotation of the Day: Current Events Edition

Robin and Jeanine Bartley-Cohen, who have been together 13 years, got married in New York on Sunday. After the ceremony, their son Ben commented to the press.

"I've waited my whole life for them to get married,"

~Ben Bartley-Cohen, Age 8

Hearing the stories of same-sex couples now able to marry in New York fills me with joy. I loved hearing Kitty Lambert, a forceful advocate for the Marriage Equality Bill, talk about how she and her partner, "two fat grandmas" got married after the struggle to promote the legislation which now makes them feel like "full citizens."

Children Open Up About Their Same-Sex Parents

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and posting a comment! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails