Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Labyrinth

labyrinth

I was taking photographs of this labyrinth before my 4:00 class. A few of the students were interested in what I was doing, and I explained that the maze was a means of meditation and reflection. About fifteen minutes into class, one of the students shouted, "Look, they're walking!" While I usually don't like such interruptions, that was amusing to me. I told the students they could get up and look at the people who were walking the labyrinth's path. One of my students recognized the school's rabbi, and realized this was part of his meditation class.

It was very interesting, and believe it or not, I was able to relate it to the topic of the day. While walking a labyrinth appeals to me, being outside in the winter does not, so I haven't taken advantage of this temporary walking circle yet. I supposed I don't have much time.

There is a labyrinth society (http://www.labyrinthsociety.org/) to promote and support those interested in walking circles. Here is an introduction to them from the InterWeb (http://www.angelfire.com/tn/SacredLabyrinth/).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and posting a comment! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails