Thursday, December 2, 2010

Mythos Sweater

mythos sweater

I am taking a class for the Mythos sweater with Laura Nelkin (the designer) at Knitting Etc. -- it's my first sweater! (I usually prefer more instant gratification projects.) The yarn is Panda Cotton (a cotton, bamboo, nylon blend) from Crystal Palace Yarns. Some knitters criticize this yarn as being splitty, but I haven't found it horribly so. When it knits up, it is a dream, it's so soft! I'd like to make a pillow case and blanket out of it.

Mythos appeared in Knitty and was written to be knitted flat, but we knit the arms in the round and used Judy's magic cast on for the body. Besides a small gap in the armpit, the process was very painless (especially since Laura did all the hard thinking work and started the magic cast on for me).

It's always fun to have classes with Laura, but I've got to get knitting so hopefully she can help me with the grafting during this coming week's class!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and posting a comment! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails