Friday, October 22, 2010

KINDLE!

Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite - Latest GenerationMy coworkers contributed to a wedding gift for us: we (meaning me) got a Kindle! I have been playing with it all night. It's perfect timing because I'm going out of town next weekend. I've already downloaded some free classics that I've been wanting to reread. I'm amazed at how light the device is and how clear the text appears. The "electronic ink" does not look like the text on a computer screen, cell phone, or other gadget. Instead, it's very solid and permanent looking. When George and I opened the box, the screen had a picture of the kindle showing how to attach the cords. It looked like a plastic cover, but it was actually the electronic ink!

The gift (engineered by Susie), along with a very nice card, was conferred to me at a get together at Granger's house. Granger made vegan chili and bread and had a cold bottle of Diet Coke for me. He also had pesto/bean spread, chocolate chip cookies, wine, and other goodies. What a nice evening. Although George couldn't be there for the majority of the event since he was working, he did get to join us at the end of the party.

My coworkers are so good to me - and fun, too! I'm lucky.

1 comment:

Thank you for reading my blog and posting a comment! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails