Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ithaca Made

IthacaMade   Quite by accident, I found the new store, Ithaca Made. It's located at 430 W. State Street, near Mama Goose and in the same storefront as Mimi's Attic.

This is the kind of store I love - unique, local, mostly handmade gifts and accessories, with some clothing and herbal/ aromatherapy products as well. The store has been open only 2 or so weeks, so it's likely new products will be added.

I got this darling pottery pig (made by Frog Hill Pottery). I also picked up some postcards from Spirit and Kitsch. I was going to give this Silk Oak stamp to Grandma (because it has a rabbit), but instead, I thought I'd keep it and stamp all the mail I send her. Normally, I don't accept bags when I go shopping, but this bag with the Silk Oak raven was so amazing, I let the cashier pack my purchases in it.

IthacaMade

It is a fun store, and I think it's great for local residents, and perfect for visitors who want something "uniquely Ithacan" to take home. My only complaint - I like the logo graphic, but man, is it ever depressing! I don't need to be reminded of Ithaca's gloomy days of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and posting a comment! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails