Friday, July 9, 2010

Read the Printed Word

In reading some blogs recently, I saw the following badge which intrigued me:

Read the Printed Word!

I like reading! I like the printed word! When I went to the
website, I learned this is a movement not just to preserve books, newspapers, and magazine but to pledge to read the printed word in these forms. It doesn't explicitly say that those taking the pledge must eschew digital readers, but the implication is there. I love books, and I don't think I'll ever not have them, but I also covet a digital reader, and I don't think that is wrong either.



I find the pledge particularly ironic, though, because it is a blog badge, which, by definition, is digital!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and posting a comment! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails