Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Our "New" House


New House!
Originally uploaded by aimeedars

We've been living in this wonderful house since we moved to Ithaca in July 2008. When people asked how I liked it, I would often answer, "The only thing I don't like is that we don't own it." Due to George's perseverance and the help of my family, we now own the house!

Though we weren't necessarily looking to buy a house--and while it may not be the best time with the current economic situation and accompanying uncertainties--when the opportunity arose to purchase the house, we couldn't pass it up. I love the layout, the hardwood floors, and the spaciousness. George loves the very large yard we have.

We have started making small upgrades and cosmetic changes--George and Gary (and me, a little) redid a room in the basement to make it a comfortable craft room for me--and we have purchased a new refrigerator, curtains, and rugs. Any large renovations will come much later.

There is plenty of room for guests, so come visit Ithaca and stay with us!

2 comments:

  1. I really love that house (and the yard looks great!). We have never owned a house, so I find the thought a bit scary, but congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! The house looks wonderful and what a better way to buy your first house and not have to move into it again! And the current economic situation is perfect because with the new tax laws, you can amend your 2008 tax return now and claim the $8,000 first time homebuyers credit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and posting a comment! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails