Sunday, August 3, 2008

Songs That Never Get Old

Yesterday, I found myself captivated by YouTube...I spend a portion of the morning watching Ellis Paul, Richard Shindell, Dar Williams, and Antje Duvekot perform my favorite songs. Way to go bootleg videographers!

Watching Shindell perform "Transit," a song I love, I recalled a conversation Lezli and I had many months ago at Bead World. One Saturday morning, Train's "Meet Virginia" came on the radio, and I mentioned that I loved it. She said that she remembered when my ringback tone on my cell phone was "Meet Virigina."

That got us to talking about songs that, for us, never get old. I decided to put a play list on my iPod of songs of which I never tire. So far, the list is small...
  • Pearls (Antje Duvekot)
  • Ocean (Dar Williams)
  • Closer to Fine (Indigo Girls)
  • Meet Virginia (Train)
  • God's Promise (Ellis Paul)
I am always thinking of new songs to add to the list...what about you? Are there songs of which you never tire? What are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and posting a comment! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails