Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring Artfest

Today, I had a table at the Spring Artfest, an arts/crafts show for ASU students, faculty, and staff. On the plus side, the table was only $10 and proceeds for an accompanying silent auction benefit the School of Art. On the minus side, it was HOT! I got very sunburned--at least I wore a hat. Also, too many people make and sell jewelry, so the competition was fierce, and I didn't do as well as I'd hoped. (Perhaps I should have ironed the table cloth!)

The organizer told us that the school's food service would be selling food and drinks, but they were nowhere to be seen. About 1:00, I was about to die for a Diet Coke, when, like an angel, Ben appeared at my booth. Good sport that he is, he went to the MU and bought a super large fountain diet soda for me. With that, I was able to get through the rest of the afternoon.

Later, when I was teaching, the students (who know I am easily distracted), were very interested in my sunburn. They asked where I was to have received such a bad burn, and I told them Hayden Lawn. Of course, they wanted to know why I was on Hayden Lawn all day, so I told them about the ArtFest. They couldn't believe I hadn't told them about it, but I explained it would not at all be ethical to promote it to them--an especially egregious offense since MGT 410 is an ethics class!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and posting a comment! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails